|It is the last week of “Get Your Credit in Check Month”! Let’s finish off strong with an all-inclusive Credit Recap. We will ROUX-view the credit score pie, the best credit tips, and the most important tidbits.
Credit Score Pie Breakdown:
- 35% – Payment History
- 30% – Credit Utilization
- 15% – Credit History
- 10% – New Credit
- Remaining % – Types of Credit
Tips to Improve Your Score:
- Credit Utilization Tip – Give your credit company a call and simply ask them if they can increase your credit limit. If you are maxed out but have been in good standing for years, they will likely comply. This will help your usage percentage become less of the total credit limit.
- Credit History Tip – Credit authorization. Put a quality person, who pays their bills and has good credit, on your line of credit as an authorized user. In this case, you will benefit from their great credit history. This will help you to gain a more beneficial credit history.
- It is important to monitor your score with a monitoring service. For example: Credit Karma.
- Just because you are married doesn’t mean your scores will be the same.
- Higher income does not mean a higher score.
We gave plenty more tips throughout the month to help you stay informed. Head to https://mortgagegumbo.com/blog/ to check out all of our past tips, tidbits, and more! As always, if you are interested in more information, we are here at Mortgage Gumbo to help. You can always contact me, Dwayne Stein at 504-207-7600 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.